1. Custom software applications are based on the exact requirements of customers. They are in keeping with the exact specifications of the customer in mind. If one wishes for any kind of fine-tuning of the application, it is done so that the given software will perform exactly as it is wished for. It will cater to each and every need of the customer. Thus, it is very necessary for all the software to be custom-designed and fine-tuned up properly for use.
2. Custom software applications are based on exact customer specifications, as mentioned above. Thus the code on which it is based is very easily modifiable and expandable. While developing the custom software applications, the package developers keep future requirements also in mind. Thus, they make the code such that it can be changed with time. For licensed software which is not custom-designed, one usually cannot make changes. Or even if one can, it comes at a heavy cost. Thus, it is not a wise decision to have it modified.
3. Custom software applications are far more secure since their basic structure is kept locked up. The code which encrypts them is totally secured up and not known to outsiders. It is very safe and thus no one can tamper with it. At times we have security risks with software packages when other people or rival companies try to tamper with the data of the given company or organization. This cannot happen in the case of custom software applications. These have been fashioned out in such a manner that they cannot easily be modified or tampered with in any which way. Thus, the data and information of the given company are in safe and steady hands forever and always.
4. Custom software applications are very easy to modify since they have been made as such. Also, they are usually integrated with all other products which are information-technology based. Hence, within a given company, the custom software applications are such that they can be easily integrated with other packages which the company is making use of. Thus, there is all around permissiveness of data and information exchange which is simple to maintain. Also, the code with which one has started out developing the application is the given company’s. It is maintained by them and hence, it is always within reach and access to make suitable changes to the platform which is in use.
5. Due to all the above-given reasons, the main point which comes home is that there is very less of dependency on others for making changes to the custom application software. It is not required at all to ask others for advice or work for making any kind of innovation to the work going on in the given company. This is one point which stands out bright and clear that all modifications can easily be encrypted and encoded within the company by the company software developers themselves.